The Greg Cote Show podcast starts your summer off right with our new “Summer Special” episode, out now. Why is it our “Summer Special” episode? Good question. No real reason. Other than it’s June.
Anyway, a fun listen this week as we bring you our silver 25th episode of 2022 and 116th overall. Welcome back! The new menu:
▪ The Father-Son Cote Olympics continues with Event 7: Shopping. Come along as Greg and Chris separately race up and down grocery store aisles (alarming shoppers and store employees) as they try to basket 10 specific items in the shortest time. Greg badly needs a win. Does he get it?
▪ Greg explains how, in a column that referenced Sioux City, Iowa, the online headline initially read Sioux Falls (which is in South Dakota) until being corrected. Bad puns ensue.
▪ Greg, Chris and Yeti take the ‘90s Song Challenge: Name three songs from the 1990s that you loved then and still love. Songs that hold up. Songs that get the volume crank-up if you hear them now? The songs we name are all different. (Greg likes his three best).
▪ After several months’ hiatus … Mount Gregmore returns! We’ll keep the topic a secret but offer these clues: There are references to Honey Boo Boo, Hawaii and Lassie.
▪ Almost forgot: Greg describes how Hurricane Betsy ravaged 1440 in 1965.
Hear all of this and more in our latest podcast! A new episode drops every Monday morning at 7 ET on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and wherever else you pod, including of course at miamiherald.com. Find the entire GCS catalog with all 116 episodes HERE. (The show also simulcasts on Sirius XM radio Mondays from 5 to 6 p.m.).
Our podcast debuted in March 2020, just before the pandemic hit. (Sorry, don’t blame us). We thank you all, our pod family, for your great and growing support. Please continue to listen, rate, review, follow, then unfollow and follow again and so on. It isn’t cheating, and it helps us a bunch. Tell your friends, too!
We now have a teaser video out each week on the Miami Herald YouTube channel to preview the latest episode. Check it out.
This story was originally published June 6, 2022 7:00 AM.